Double Cask ABV 40%
Matured in American oak barrels for a sweet, mellow taste with a rich, smooth Sherry cask finish.View tasting notes
- Amber gold
- Rich, warm aromas of apple, toffee and honey with sweet marzipan and subtle tangy marmalade notes.
- Fresh, mellow with pear creamy peaches and pineapple and a hint of Demerara sugar.
- Rich, smooth and refreshing. A signature Speyside malt.
Tempranillo ABV 40%
Matured in american oak barrels, the Tempranillo Cask Edition is finessed by Tempranillo red wine casks to complement the sweet, mellow flavour of Tamnavulin.View tasting notes
- Amber gold with touches of crimson.
- Aromatic, fruity notes of red berries, blackcurrants and rich fruit cake with hints of vanilla pod and caramel.
- Warm, sweet flavour of figs, maple syrup and toffee apple with notes of peaches, decadent chocolate ganache and a touch of coffee.
- Rich, smooth and aromatic. An elegant Speyside malt.
The Tamnavulin Vintages Collection
Tamnavulin is the epitome of a Speyside malt; rich, smooth, elegant and refreshing. Our Vintages Collection is a set of rare, aged Speyside whiskies each with a rich, distinctive character and a true reflection of the history that lies behind our doors.
The 2000 ABV 45%
In the spring of 2000, the still were relighted and whisky stored to produce this rare and exceptional 18 year old. Non-Chill Filtered.View tasting notes
- Matured in a special assemblage of First Fill Bourbon Barrels, 30 Year Old Oloroso Sherry, Matusalem & Aged Oloroso Amoroso Sherry casks for a total of 18 years.
- Hints of honey, creamy caramel, tropical fruits and a touch of cinnamon.
- Sweet, warm flavours of toffee apple, Madagascan vanilla, hazlenuts and butterscotch candy.
The 1979 ABV 46.5%
This last batch of whisky from the 1970s was laid down in a combination of first fill Sherry butts and Bourbon barrels. Non-Chill Filtered.View tasting notes
- Initially matured in Bourbon barrels then transferred to 30 Years Old Matusalmen Oloroso Sherry butts before being returned to First Fill Bourbon barrels for a final maturation period to conclude the 39 year maturation.
- Amber gold
- Mediterranean oranges, figs, almonds and freshly baked ginger cake.
- Tropical pineapple, roasted coffee and decadent Black Forest fruits.
The 1973 ABV 40%
Distilled in October 1973, this whisky has spent 45 years maturing in hand-selected Bourbon barrels and Sherry butts. Non-Chill Filtered.View tasting notes
- Matured for a total of 45 years, initially in American White Oak Bourbon Barrels then aged in Matusalem Oloroso Sherry butts before being returned back into First Fill Bourbon barrels for a final finishing period.
- Honey gold
- Ginger biscuits, sultanas, refreshing melon and soft marzipan.
- Succulent peaches, fruit cake, cinnamon and a touch of maple syrup and vanilla.
The 1970 ABV 40%
Born in December 1970, only four years after the distillery was opened. There are fewer than 1,000 individually numbered bottles of this exceptional single malt. Non-Chill Filtered.View tasting notes
- Initially matured in Bourbon Barrels then aged in 30 Years Old Apostoles Oloroso Sherry Butts before being returned back into First Fill Bourbon barrels for a final finishing period. This 48 year old whisky is the oldest whisky in our collection.
- Golden copper
- Creamy caramel, juicy pear, walnut cake and nutty praline.
- Dark treacle, delicate frangipane, tropical coconut and ripe figs.